Wednesday, December 12, 2007

From "kum chek" to not!

I have been skinny since young. I can never look good in any shirt because of my skinny built. My family and friends have been calling me “kum chek” (skinny like bamboo) and I am determined to get rid of this nickname.

Without any fitness knowledge, I embark on a learning journey to achieve my desired body. I had a lot of mistakes. My waistline ballooned to 33.5” during my NS days because I thought I need to eat a lot to maintain my new built. After NS, my waistline dropped to 32” but I never get my desired visible abs. After many trials and errors, I achieved my fitness goal!

It is definitely a long journey and I hope to help people save time by getting into the fitness industry.

Kevin @ 19 years old
kevin chia @ 19 years old

No more "kum chek"
kevin chia flabby
But no well defined abs

Finally...
kevin chia

kevin chia

kevin chia

"Wasting time doing the wrong thing is a fustrating thing. I am glad that I did it finally!"
From,
Kevin Chia

5 comments:

Owen said...

So, what is the right thing to do? I've been thin all this while, like you last time. I've been doing weight training for many months and have gained substantial muscle mass around my biceps recently. However, sadly, I'm still thin around my waist and wrist areas. Any advice on what I can do? I'm now slightly thinner than when you're 19.

Kevin said...

1) Right thing to do?
It is a combination of right workout program & right diet.

2) Gain mass at bicep?
Do you gain mass at anywhere else?

3) Thin around waist and wrist?
All of us want a small waist actually. There's nothing much you can do about wrist. My wrists are still small.

4) Right thing to do now?
Get on the right workout program & diet.

ps: i have no information of you - age, diet, current stats, workout etc. It will be impossible for me to deduce anything.

pps: visit my website at http://kevinchia.sg I have articles that should be useful to you. Email me if you still have any queries.

Cheers

Unknown said...

wat was ur weight b4 and after??niways good job on the bulk up,but still think ur neck is kinda thin for ur body.

Kevin said...

55kg to 62kg on that.

You may check my 2nd transformation at http://kevinchia.sg/progress-log.html

I'm 70kg now.

I'm not sure if we can train our necks to be thicker though.

Kevin Jang said...

Hi Kevin, dropping in on your personal training and fitness blog here from my own blog and email. You made good progress on your own side, and maintained the low bodyfat percent leanness. Good work! As for what Romos said about your neck, I am not sure too whether it is possible to 'build up' your neck. But maybe training the trapezius muscles with more shrugs and deadlifts help to give the illusion of a thicker neck? Also, pay attention to your chest and upper arms. You have good proportion for a start, so you can do it!