Saturday, November 24, 2007

Sicko!

It's a movie. I shed a bit of tears when i'm watching it. It sounds familiar.

Going colleage (education), need insurance and get housing. So, you are in debt so that you have to work. You cannot stop working till you are... errr... 85 years old?

Some quotes from the movie, so they are not my words. dont sue me.

Tony Benn: Keeping people hopeless and pessimistic - see I think there are two ways in which people are controlled - first of all frighten people and secondly demoralize them.
Tony Benn: An educated, healthy and confident nation is harder to govern.
(rings a bell?)

------------------------------------------------------------------

So these are the thoughts on my mind right now.

1) i must thanks the government that my mother is not a maid in another country right now.

2) 2% raise in GST to help the poor. but how? i see so many old people collecting cans in the street in Singapore leh. (maybe i am not informed la)

3) Shortly after GST increase, oh mine. Their pay increase. (i don't know. people says 1. not me)

4) & then ERP - longer and more places and more expensive. (ahhh, i read this myself one! am i smart?)

If you watched the movie, you know the government of France may be afraid of its people. Well, unlike US, the citizens are afraid of the government. (rings another bell?)

-----------------------------------------------------

I'm just thinking if i am able to afford for health care in Singapore. My mum got some problem with her health few years ago, wah lau eh, we paid a lot of money worrrr.... are we able to get free healthcare any time soon? it's impossible because i think our world class government opts for non welfare state or something.

well, i am a nub in politics but i am becoming more interested. just go to more online news or blogs and find out respective views and come up with your own views. if you truly care about what country you live in. The newspaper that we read in Singapore can be a bit too... bias?


What i have noticed is quite different from what i learn from Singapore history. but oh well, people will start to notice coz there's internet.


Have you notice that foreigners in Singapore are sometimes... better off than its citizens?

i'm just thinking how many ICT i need to go, scarificing my business/work/career to serve for that 2 weeks. I dont mind really. but you see, what's happening to my fellow NSman.

Got this from a certain forum in Singapore.
"I was selected for the job. But my ICT heng heng start on my first week of job. I ask the company to help me defer, then, another 'FT' replaced me at the job. SIGH"

I say we are more educated now!
We are healthier because we paid for health care!
Let's get more confidence. Ask for what you want right? Keep whining also no use.

I WANT TO GO BACK HOME NOW!! MUAHHAHAHAH

just last quote from a review of the movie


I found this documentary to be particularly eye opening being from the Uk and now Canada where we have national healthcare. If one thing stood out to me more than anything it was Michael Moore's interview with an old British politician, I don't recall his name but he said something that really interested me, he said that a healthy, educated, confident people are harder to control (or words very close to that effect) and the US love nothing more than to keep their people dumb, sick and in fear.

http://www.matchflick.com/movie-review/17296-6136

No comments: