Thursday, September 20, 2007

The motivation within

I'm sharing my thoughts down here.

I know some of us have been trying to share the correct way in losing fat etc (to total newbies) Some of us have got tired, some of us got pissed when people come to sabotage. (SGBOY suggesting 1 meal a day and doing sit up at fp) Some of us just got pissed by the repeated stupid qn with the sexperts language (at hwz)

My knowledge is not perfect and it's very limited. But well, i have been a PT for more than 6 months now. All my clients do see good results so far. All of them pay me and they get results. I never approach anyone of them, it was them who find me. (I want to say that motivation needs to come from within themselves. So that they will change their lifestyle to achieve their fitness goal)

So are we right to say that results with clients usually come from their own motivation?

I need to state another example here. My room-mate (with me now in China) has high bodyfat. He kept telling me about his past. (He used to be a sprinter etc) I buy his story, but i don't think he is motivated to slim down right now coz i think he still love to think about his past.

eg: i am doing my hamstring stretch and he said "i used to stretch more than that" and he took my bands to try. But well, his ROM is much much lesser than me. He has tight muscle everywhere. Wrong body posture too btw.

I am offering him free PT in exchanging of posting his progress in my blog when we get back to Singapore. (But i am giving up this thoughts now)

He is almost unwilling to workout. (After 1 HIIT session with me) & should have look at his diet, it's so terrible. He skipped dinner last night because he is feeling uncomfortable with bloated stomach. But well, he had 1 cup of instant noodles when i'm back from dinner. He had another instant noodles for supper.

During our last city trip, he had a few examples of bad meals.
1) I stopped by a stall to buy fried meat stick (to satisfy my craving). He bought 1 fried drumstick.
2) I went for my afternoon snack at McDonald, he ordered McSpicy meal (upsized)
3) 3 of us went to play rides at the theme park, but he never. He went to buy snacks instead.

He is committing gluttony! He will follow me in eating junk and he will eat his own junk when i dont! (Maybe he thinks it's possible for me to stay lean with such junk so he can eat too)

I did advise him, but his reply was "My habit for fried food was cultivated in Singapore for 20 years. So i guess this 5 months with you cannot change 1 la"

I give up. Totally.

So with reference to us posting at FP. It's only when the podders asked questions themselves and are willing to change. They are the one who will benefit. (close to 100% in succeeding)

For 2 other groups.
1) Any good way to slim down? (this group is 50/50) coz they may change or may not, depending on their motivational level.
2) I just want the fastest way! (This group is close to 0%) coz they are almost unwilling to change.

So, have we learn who to help? (people who ask the right questions)
And who to give the template answer and need them to reflect on themselves?
and lastly, who to ignore even after 2-3 template answers replies?

lastly

If you're fat, it's only because you don't place fitness as your top priority. You choose personal enjoyment, culinary pleasure and whatever else that is making you fat, above being lean. And if you prioritize it that way, then don't blame anyone else, and don't complain about being fat. Simple as that.
This quote by Goi. It's so true.

No comments: