Saturday, August 23, 2008

picking up my soccer boots again

ah, been more than a year since i last played soccer.

i'm joining bryan for a training session tomorrow and then a game next friday evening.

definitely cant expect myself to play well, but wth, just go and enjoy the game.

regarding my job, it's good. well paid, rewarding when clients progress. slack in day time, having a few sessions here and there and work only at night and on weekends.

doing things i love and earning money sounds good. but i'm working when friends are having fun. i need company and support. working in this line is not for me at the moment.

i would rather earn lesser and still have a good life. :)

Here's a little on my soccer history.
I'm still a noob up till sec 3. Will either play GK or left back for any team. (a position which most dont want to play)

Then slowly, i rise to a mid fielder and striker. (not saying defender is nothing but i'm better in attack)

Chance come when i entered YJC.

The team is damm strong (Champion material) and somehow, i got into the first eleven. Starting every match till the final, oops, i mean 3rd/4th placing.

Best thing about me? LISTEN WELL melvin, worm, pa and soccer friends.
I'm not that good la, just able to run, able to make THROUGH pass, whip in some crosses and score from long range. (AHHA, i remembered this is how i intro myself to the team)

Though i score 0 goal in the tournament, but i did score a few long ranges during friendlies. Still remembered the curling grounder against hcjc and aha, we never lost when i score.

I gave the first assist in our tournament! A curling cross from right flank for bird to score. hehe

ahhhh, those are the times. No worry about money, just keep playing soccer.

Led YJC during my 3rd year, but we are out in the first round.

YJC then formed a team which i still played for during my NS time. But after mr raj got injured and stop organising for the team, the team disbanded.

Played for a few teams now and then. Liteace club and FBT.

Somehow, still play a vital role for these 2 teams.

FJC next.

Better not anyone read this post, will intro myself as a soccer noob this time rd.

No comments: