Sunday, May 06, 2007

Private transport in Singapore

Price of diesel has gone up, does the quality went up too?

Previous tank.
Total pump: 38.42L
Price after discount: $41.84
Mileage: 493km
km/L: 12.83
$/10km: ~85 cents

Current tank.
Total pump: 39.64L
Price after discount: $45.57
Mileage: 560km
km/L: 14.13
$/10km: ~81 cents

From here, although price has risen, but i have spend lesser money on driving. That's a good thing. But the thing is, i don't rev my engine anymore, i seldom or almost never speed anymore, i don't drag my engine for faster pick up anymore.

Well, that's why, to save petrol/diesel, control your right foot better. :D

--------------------------------------------

After the salaries hike of a certain group in Singapore, you can see the authorities are working harder. Many of my friends get summon which they never get for the past few years. I kenna the same thing. In fact, i was summoned like 3-4 times for the past 3 weeks. Total damage is around $200. 1 van = $200. 100,000 vans in singapore = $2,000,000. That's good. We can support the pay hike.

--------------------------------------------

In order to have better fuel consumption, i am a good driver who drive to the speed limit. On my way back just now, i saw 1 marked TP camping at road shoulder, another unmarked vehicle parked just below a bridge, he was camping with a camera behind a pillar.

Just be careful to all drivers out there, they are getting SNEAKY again. Is it worth it to drive just a little bit faster so that you can reach your destination 2 minutes faster for a usual 20km trip?

---------------------------------------------

After so much price hikes, is the condition of the road better now?

NO!

Roads are still so congested during peak hours. Any accident will cause a major jam. At lentor aveune just now, i can see instants of danger "works". It's a 3-lane road. On lane 3 (extreme left), there will be some cones at the road side, so, you can see vehicles trying to avoid by entering a little into lane 2 (middle lane). But without 5 meters at lane 1, there's cones too. So what may just happen down here? Accidents. Cars at lane 2 are the worst, they have to take care of newbies drivers who "eat" too much into their lanes. From both sides!

On this same stretch of road, while on my way back home at 9pm, it is still so congested. Well, people do a lot of overtimes. The road is so crowded, then you can see TP stopping vehicles at lane 3. So you can imagine lane 3 is "blocked". Just went the traffic is getting better, there's another police van stopping a car just less than 100m ahead. Well done!

ERP at CTE is now $4.50 for a gate for that 30minunte. I mean, assuming i work at vivo city, is there any other road which i can travel to work? CTE is the only way. I can travel through Thomson road and detour here and there. But assuming people start avoiding CTE and go Thomson, you will be seeing ERP at Thomson sooner or later. In another words, we are all FUCKED.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I am ready to give up my private transport anytime. It does not save me much time anymore. A van can reach a destination faster than a car.

I tried going out on BMW. (Bus MRT Walk). It's not any better. I'm ok with the crowded, since Singapore is really densely populated. But am i willing to spend an hour waiting for a bus? I don't think so. The routes are not so well planned.

I tried taking a cab at 11pm on anyday. Long ques everywhere without much taxi stopping for people. I tried calling all companies, none of them picked up my call. Well done. Singapore has been driven to such low level just to earn those extra few bucks.

Look at the public transport system in NYC. If Singapore were to have that, i will gladly GIVE UP my private transport and rely on the public transport. I don't mind paying more. Seriously, i just want to get to my destination on time!

Let's see what our elites are going to do to improve this First-World country.

I have got so sicked of driving. I am not satisfied with the public transport. What can i do?

Think thrice before you consider getting yourself a private transport. It's just not worth it. You can save more by booking a cab everytime, assuming you only travel to work, leisure on weekends and home.

No comments: