Sunday, June 25, 2006

Goal of my life!

Woke up early morning today for FBT soccer match. Was warming up, well, i can juggle, i can make soft easy pass without any pain. I then tried stronger pass. well, there's some pain and that's it! i cant sprint nor stride, i cannot kick with my right foot. Hence, i played with my left foot throughout the match.

note to non soccer player: not many amateur players can kick with both legs.

The manager wanted me to play right mid, but i switch to left so that i can cross easier. But after 5 minutes, i decided that i can contribute best with my handicap is when i play striker. I change position.

If i can run, i can easily score 2 goals imo, coz i can out run their defender easily. I can only make 1-2 passes and easy return pass. (all with left!)

I though i will just finish the game without able to contribute when i'm fully fit.

The score was 1-1. My team was awarded a free kick which is favourable for left foot just outside the box. I dont wanna take it in the beginning coz i definitely go for a shot which is wasteful. But i decided to take it after hanyong placed the ball. Thanks hanyong for allowing me to take it.


My inital though was to blast a straight powerful shot to the far left corner. Then i think i will just bend the ball to the near top corner. Since my left foot isnt really that accurate, i decided to try a pretty hard ball, trying to bend it, aiming just below the middle of the bar.

I kicked it, the ball went where i wanted to in the beginning, ie towards the middle and slightly to the right of the GK, but the ball bend a lot of its right, it was around 1 feet above the height of the bar, but the ball dipped just nicely, into the top right corner of the goal post. hitting the bar hard before crossing the goal line.

What a fuvking nice goal sia. I just turned behind, instead of doing my cartwheel goal celebration, i just raised both my hands into the air and walk back. Woot, all my team mates run towards and hug me!

i heard 1 comment "wah lau eh, if take down hor, goal of the year sia!!!!"

hahahah, this is my nicest goal of my life so far. come to think of it, i score quite a number of nice long shots with my left and right. lol.

my thoughts: i was a set piece taker for my school team in the past. but then all are corner kicks or free kick passes into the box. coz there are lots of good set piece taker like guowei, siddeek and melvin in the school team the other time. I imagine: if i were to score a goal like that during A division tournament. WOOT! i will get so emotional and cry la. ahhaha

Well, the price of the goal, injury to my right thigh again. grrr, i need to recover fast so that i can take ippt before my birthday. hah

that's all. try to understand my poor english. haha

No comments: