Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Wisdom tooth

Got my first personal experience on wisdom tooth.

http://www.napervilledentist.com/Tooth%20Extraction.htm

give this link a read, for my lower right wisdom tooth, it's sth like partial eruption. it does get painful recently and i got swollen gum aka gum infection.

This is quoted from the website.

A recently completed clinical study of more than 9,500 patients revels that the optimal time for extraction is between the ages of 12 and 24 years.

Heng i'm still within this age range. But then, i only extracted one, there's still 3 more. Hope they will never give me problem.

Here's the process.

Went for initial checkout last saturday, coz it's quite painful & this pain is irritating.

Reach the clinic at 330pm today.
Get onto the "chair" at 345pm.
Dentist explained some of the risk to me. And start injecting "ASSSETTTTICC" (i dont know how to spell la)
There's this slight stinging pain. Then i feel numb at the area. i dont feel any numbness at my tongue and front of my gum, so he gave me another shot! not ouch anymore.
coz i'm too tired, i was actually half asleep during the whole operation. he did ask me to hold something using my left hand. but i was pretty weak (from fear) and my heart rate was very high during the whole operation.
i dont feel much from then on....
till i think he was sewing up my gum. it was over.
the most painful part is extraction. you feel numb, then then you can feel a bit of "#%@$@$!@#" (argh, what am i describing? lol)
the dentist actually cut some part of my gum away.
i wish i had someone taking the whole video down. then i can upload to youtube. lol gross

after the op, he said that sth small was left behind in the gum or something. but the op was an success.
went out to collect painkiller and i am on my way home.

coz it's still pretty numb at 5pm, i decided to take a nap. i woke up around 7pm and i can feel the PAINNNN... well, it's not that PAINNN, but it's painful.
took 2 painkiller & had a change of cotton.

i still feel a bit of "numbness at my front lower gum". i got pretty scare - i kenna that "rare" cases of injuring my nerve. so i keep massaging my gum till i got my feeling back. lol

went for supper just now, had 4 eggs.

took out the cotton and i dont feel i taste any blood now. i guess the bleeding has stop completely. time to sleep! woot.


here's a pic of my wisdom tooth, it's the same size of another molar.


oh, went to celebrate XY's birthday last night. Had a good feast before i go on 2-3 day of liquid diet. well, i shall post the pics next time. coz the pic of my 3rd molar is too gross. YUCK

No comments: